Elgin Winelands Wander Cycle Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Elgin, Western Cape
- Product code: MTBWTT
This guided cycling tour offers you the opportunity to taste some of Elgin’s famous cool climate wines. Meander through the manicured trails criss-crossing Oak Valley and Paul Cluver wine estates, enjoy uninterrupted rolling hills, scenic vista's and award-winning wines that Elgin has to offer. Some even say it’s the best wine they’ve ever tasted! Feel free to request a stop for lunch and enjoy the farm to fork lunch experience.
Minimum of 2
· A trained guide
· Silverback STRIDE 275 MD Mountain Bike and a Helmet
· A day permit to access trails
· Water and a light snack
· Wine tasting experience at the estate.
· Cycling gear
· Any additional wine purchases made
· Clients are advised that this tour includes 15km of cycling. It is suggested that they are capable of cycling the distance including various inclines and declines.
· Clients to take note that cycling is done off-road, not on paved cycling paths.
· Routes may vary as trails are closed during stormy weather and day after to protect long-term quality of trails.
· The meeting location of the tour is the Elgin Railway Market (GPS: -34°15'25.50; +19°04'30.09)
· The Elgin Railway Market is only open on weekends with all its traders, however, there is a small coffee shop on site that is open 7 days week.
· The lunch stop along the way has is only available by pre-booking, please be sure to let us know if you want to add this farm to fork experience to your tour.
· The age limit for this tour is 16 years old.
· Children younger than 18 years old will be offered juice or soda as a tasting substitution.
· Transport to the start of the tour is not included.
STARTING AND ENDING TIMES:
Monday to Sunday
· 10h00 – 13h30